Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Matched

       I recently started the book Matched by Ally Condie. This book is set in a futuristic presence where this girl named Cassia Reyes gets assigned two different matches at her Match Banquet. Although I have only read a few pages, I know that Cassia gets assigned two different matches because before the book officially started there was a small, one page prologue. It explained how her match was Xander, her best friend, but after a few seconds, she gets assigned a different match. Once the book officially starts, it says that they were on an air train, which has me to believe this is in a futuristic presence. They are on there way to the Match Banquet and then I stopped reading because it was late at night.

      I am doing the signpost; Again and Again. I picked this signpost, because in the first couple pages, the book kept saying 'Matching Banquet' or 'Match' and even though I only have a small idea what their life is like, I can't really tell why they keep repeating this. I think that this 'Match Banquet' is basically when a teen becomes a certain age, they dress nice and go to this banquet hall. What happens is that, the society picks the person you spend the rest of your life with. The pick the person you marry, and are supposed to love, and from what I read, Cassia got two different people. I think that the society is only doing this because they think that it is better that they pick their match, than you fall in love with someone and things happen, and this creates drama. I think that government in this book, is trying to make the perfect society so nothing gets messed up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment